WordPress 5.2.2 is now available! This maintenance release fixes 13 bugs and adds a little bit of polish to the Site Health feature that made its debut in 5.2. What this means is that, your WordPress website will be better and healthier.
Check out more info Version 5.2.2 documentation page.
Here are some of the changes notes:
- #45094: Dashboard elements don’t always have clear focus states, tab order
- #46289: RTL Bug – wrong navigation arrows in media modal
- #46749: Extra border is displaying at bottom of Help section in Firefox (Responsive : 778 * 841)
- #46881: Site Health: improve the header elements horizontal centering
- #46957: Site Health: Make site health page access be filterable
- #46960: Site Health: Table design issue in small devices (iphone 5/SE).
- #46997: Theme update links show in Customizer and don’t work
- #47070: Recovery Mode Exit button not visible in responsive view
- #47158: Merge similar strings introduced in WP 5.2
- #47227: I18n: Merge similar translation strings – site health tabs
- #47475: I18n: Merge similar strings and fix typo
- #47429: Editor: Update packages for WordPress 5.2.2
- #47457: Fix the mediaelements player controls bar sizing
WordPress 5.2.2 is a short-cycle maintenance release. The next major release will be version 5.3; check make.wordpress.org/core for details as they happen.
You can download WordPress 5.2.2 or visit Dashboard → Updates and click Update Now. Sites that support automatic background updates have already started to update automatically.
JB Audras, Justin Ahinon and Mary Baum co-led this release, with invaluable guidance from our Executive Director, Josepha Haden Chomphosy, and contributions from 30 other contributors. Thank you to everyone who made this release possible! It will make life a little easier for developers as well as take away some concerns from website owners.